Acrylic Swimming Pool Paint - Aqua Kote
Aqua Kote acrylic swimming pool paint is an exciting one-part water-based pool paint built on decades of experience. It is self-priming, so no need for a prime coat! It is designed for high humidity conditions where getting and keeping a pool dry for painting is a problem. Aqua Kote can be applied to a damp pool surface, so no need to wait for the surface to dry completely. Scroll down to see color chart.
**Free Shipping on Orders of $299 or more (48 US States Only). Please see our Shipping page for more information.
- Concrete, plaster, marcite, gunnite swimming pools
- Concrete fountains
- Bird Baths or ponds - Aqua Kote is marine life safe!
- Swimming pools where current paint is unknown
- Swimming pools in high humidity areas that are hard to keep dry
- Swimming pools with limited down times (Aqua Kote has fastest curing times)
- NOT recommended for fiberglass or spas/hot tubs - use epoxy paint for those applications.
- Can be applied to damp surfaces.
- Can be applied over all other pool paints.
- Perfect paint to choose if you do not know what paint is currently on your pool and you want to recoat.
- Cures quickly, and pool can be back in service in 3 days.
- Effective against chlorine, shock and algae, and has excellent color retention.
- Best of all, cleans up and thins with water!
- No solvent fumes.
- Great for concrete, gunite and plaster surfaces.
- Rolling is recommended application - use 3/8" nap roller.
- Two coats recommended to achieve maximum service life - wait 24 hours between coats.
- Use Non-Skid Additive for traffic areas, such as pool steps.
- See Preparation and Cleanup for more products that you will need to start and complete your painting project.
Don't know which pool paint to buy? Click here to find out:
What Swimming Pool Paint Do I Need?
- 200 square feet / gallon on bare concrete;
300 - 400 square feet / gallon on recoats
- 2 coats needed for proper application
- 2-3 year service life
- No Primer Needed - Self Priming Paint
- Available in 1 gallon pails.
- Available in white, medium blue, aqua, royal blue, sky blue, black. See below for samples of the colors.
NEED HELP PREPARING AND PAINTING YOUR POOL? NEED HELP FIGURING OUT HOW MANY GALLONS YOU'LL NEED?
Go to our DIY Pool Painting Tips page for more info.
STOCK COLORS (no additional charge, returnable):