Pool Grip Epoxy Primer/Sealer
Water-based Epoxy Pool Grip is a two component water based epoxy tie-coat/sealer with excellent adhesive properties over existing one and two part finishes. Can be used on existing finishes which will be over coated with a different technology - chlorinated rubber over epoxy, or epoxy over chlorinated rubber. Applied by roller or brush but can be sprayed if desired.
Pool Grip Primer is perfect if you don't know what paint is currently on your pool and you'd like to go with a chlorinated rubber or an epoxy.
- Universal Tie-Coat Primer
- Easy Conversion from Chlorinated Rubber to Epoxy or Epoxy to Chlorinated Rubber
- Easy Conversion from Water base to Chlorinated Rubber or Epoxy ... basically converts any coating to any other coating!
- Excellent Water and Chemical Resistance
- Heavy Duty 4:1 Epoxy Primer
- Ease of Clean Up with Water
- Comes in gray, matte finish. Use tap water to reduce.
- Coverage: approx 300 sq ft/gallon.
- Pot life: 2-3 hours
- Shelf life: 24 months
- Average Dry Time: Drie to touch in about 1 hour at 70-75 degrees F. Can be overcoated with solvent based epoxy finishes after an overnight cure.
- Surface Preparation: Suface must always be clean, dry and properly prepared for painting. Failure to do so will lead to eventually blistering and/or peeling. High pressure fresh water clean if possible or solvent clean to remove all surface contaminents. Allow to thoroughly dry prior to over coating.
Unsure of what paint to use over the Pool Grip Primer? Check out our Swimming Pool Paint Comparison Chart for more information.