DriveSleek Underwater Metal Paint
Drivesleek is a high performance outdrive aerosol, recommended for use on propellers, shafts, bow thrusters, rudders, trim tabs and other underwater metals. It uses patented photo-active antifouling, containing no copper or tin, but uses Zinc Omadine and Zinc Oxide.
Drivesleek provides full season protection against barnacles, algae, and hydroids in salt and fresh water on props, propellers, shafts, bow thrusters, rudders, and trim tabs. Its copolymer base renders a smooth finish with durability and abrasion resistance.
||Free Shipping on this product! (48 US states only). Please see our Shipping page for more information.|
Paint Application Details
- Universal application over all types of properly prepared outdrive paints. Can be sprayed on all unpainted and previously painted surfaces.
- For use on aluminum, steel, bronze, and all underwater metals.
- Allow to dry overnight before launching
- Clean up: Reducer 974
- On bare surfaces use one coat of Drivesleek primer first (SKU 8127) - see Color dropdown box at top of page.
- Theoretical coverage: 40 - 50 ft/can; apply full can
- Alternative product replacement for Interlux Prop & Drive and Pettit Alumaspray Plus.
Spray the entire can, as the life of the paint is proportional to the mil thickness of paint applied. Prior to launching, allow a minimum of overnight dry. Make sure the surface is clean and tight. Prime with 1-3 cans of Aeorosol Primer, then apply the entire can of outdrive spray.