Copper Shield 45 Ablative Boat Bottom Paint
Copper Shield 45 Ablative Marine Bottom Paint
with 45% Copper
Copper Shield 45 provides antifouling protection against barnacles, algae and hydroids in salt and fresh water on boat bottoms only. COPPER SHIELD WAS ONLY PRODUCT RATED "EXCELLENT" IN THE MID COPPER ABLATIVE CATEGORY - MARCH, 2009 - PRACTICAL SAILOR.
Loaded with 45% copper, this self-polishing ablative gives multi-season protection in moderate fouling conditions at the very best price on the market today.
Its ablative copolymer base renders a smooth finish with durability and abrasion resistance. Copper Shield 45 releases biocide by the constant exposure of new paint film to the water. It has universal application over all types of properly prepared bottom paints (except aluminum).
For use on fast fiberglass boats, as well as wood and steel hulls.
Pricing & Shipping
|Free Shipping on this product! (48 US states only). Please see our Shipping page for more information.|
Paint Application Details
- Covers 300 - 400 square feet / gallon; 2 coats needed for proper application - 3rd coat recommended on the waterline.
- To figure out the amount of paint required: Length x Beam x .85 x 2 (2 coats)= Total / 300 feet = Gallonage Required.
- Time to overcoat - 8 hours, time to launch - 16 hours.
- MULTI-SEASON PROTECTION - average boater will get anti-fouling protection of 2-3 years.
- No Paint Buildup
- Eliminates Heavy Sanding
- Good Protection for Moderate Fouling Conditions