Copper Pro SCX™ Marine Bottom Paint - Multi-Season Ablative with 67% Copper, 2% Slime Control
Copper Pro SCX Multi-Season Ablative Copolymer Boat Bottom Paint Loaded with 67% Copper, 2% Slime Control Extra
Copper Pro SCX Multi Season Ablative Copolymer Boat Bottom Paint contains 67% copper PLUS 2% SCX Slime Control Extra for the BEST protection you can put on your boat! It provides extended antifouling protection against barnacles, algae and hydroids in salt & fresh water on boat bottoms only.
COPPER PRO SCX™ has universal application over all types of properly prepared bottom paints (except aluminum). For use on fast fiberglass boats, as well as wood and steel hulls, extended protection is possible, since performance is directly proportional to the amount of paint applied. Copper Pro SCX releases biocide by the constant exposure of new paint film to the water.
COPPER PRO SCX™ is an antifouling which releases biocides via a hydrolysis reaction of an acrylic polymer with salt or fresh water. This is a chemical reaction and only occurs at the surface of the coating.
What Is Slime Control and Slime Control Xtra?
Slime Control Xtra (SCX) blocks slime growth for a fouling free boat bottom. SCX will dramatically increase your bottom paint performance, adding both durability and longevity to your hull coatings application.
What do Ablative Antifoulings do?
It wears down like a bar soap at a controlled rate which results in always having fresh biocide at the surface on the paint. There is not build-up of coatings that will eventually have to be removed from the surface.
• Multi-Season Protection
• Relaunch without Painting
• Tremendous Protection for High Fouling Conditions
- Covers 300 - 400 square feet / gallon; 2 coats needed for proper application - 3rd coat recommended on the waterline
- To figure out the amount of paint required: Length x Beam x .85 x 2 (2 coats)= Total / 300 feet = Gallonage Required
- Time to overcoat - 8 hours, time to launch - 16 hours.
- MULTI-SEASON PROTECTION - average boater (50 - 100 hours) will get anti-fouling protection of 2-3 years
- Perfect for powerboats and sailboats and can be applied directly over properly prepared ablatives, epoxies and vinyls.
- Boosted Ablative
- Multi Season
- Relaunch Without Painting
- Eliminates Heavy Sanding
- Tremendous Protection for High Fouling Conditions